Saturday, January 3, 2009

Quiet Times

We had a very quiet New Year's Eve (playing a game as a family, then watching a movie with Jakob til midnight--Anna went to bed at her own suggestion since she was falling asleep at the table!!)...and a quiet New Year's Day for that matter. Right now that seems to be the typical. It's QUITE strange not having a schedule, not having places we MUST get to by a certain time, etc. I did just discover where I will wander off to when I need a break---there's a wonderful cafe in the historic downtown area---sign outside says "serious coffee" :-) There is a large fireplace with comfy couches, brick walls, servers are in (VERY) casual clothes, laid back atmosphere, etc. Plus, if I feel I need to bring Anna with me, there is a kid's play area in the BACK (surely I could sit near the front and read a book with my coffee while Anna plays, right?!)

Today is our first gray day since we've gotten to Colorado---mountains have disappeared into the mist and there are snow flurries. As Uncle Rick tells Anna, the mountains have been taken away for cleaning!! And it seems to be true--when they reappear later today or tomorrow they will be crisp and clear again.

I'm missing my friends but must be honest---at this point I'm not missing anywhere in Ohio with those terminally gray skies...I just wish friends and family could join me HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment