Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PEACE and quiet...

We are back in Golden Colorado. The only site available when we got here (they don't take reservations) is electric only. Since we had been here before, they suggested we could stretch our hose to the neighboring site for water. This site is so short that most bigger rigs (like ours) set up sideways along the boundary fence instead. The manager was apologetic that this was all they had available... Gee, what a pity! We have a cheaper site with the best view in the park! (We are parked sideways to the creek, so it is visible through all the windows in the living room area. YAY!)

So, I'm sitting at the table while I type this. It's sunny with a mostly blue sky. The water beside me is rushing and burbling along its way. Right outside my window there is a little snow hiding in bits of tall grass, right beside a path leading right into the water. Seems to be inviting me to come explore...but I have no intention of putting my toes into that freezing, snow-melt-from-the-mountains water! I will just enjoy the look and the sound of it dancing along!

Soon the kids will be up, talking and getting breakfast. The RV mobile repair guy will be here in a little while (I'll tell you about our awning another time...) All is at PEACE, for this moment at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment